Sunday 2 July 2017

Steamed Sea Eel with black bean sauce








I am sorry that I have not updated my blog post for nearly two weeks.  I was very busy.  It is because my rental contract is nearly finished and I have to prepare for removal.

Yesterday I went to a Korean supermarket and found there were a few packs of sea eel.  They were very fresh.  I bought one pack immediately and steamed with black bean sauce.  It is so tasty.  I never found any fresh sea eel to be sold here.  This recipe is simple and easy.  If you like eating sea eel, you must try it. 


Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 6 minutes
Serve: 2

Ingredients:
-         400g sea eel (cleaned and sliced into 6 pieces)
-         10g black bean (cleaned and finely minced)
-         2 tsp light soy sauce
-         ½ tsp brown sugar                                    

-         4 garlic gloves (finely minced)
-         1 shallot (finely minced)
-         ½ tsp white wine
-         ½ tsp olive oil
-         ½ tsp sesame oil
-         ¼ tsp himalayan table salt
-         1 spring onion (finely chopped)
-         ¼ red chilli pepper (unseeded and finely sliced)
-         tsp ground white pepper

Method:

1.
Use kitchen paper to dry every piece of sea eel. Sprinkle salt and white pepper over the sea eel and marinate it for 5 minutes.





2.
Preheat a steamer.




3.
In a mixing bowl, mix the minced black bean, garlic, shallot, red chilli pepper, soy sauce, brown sugar, white wine, sesame oil and olive oil well. Brush the mixed sauce onto the meat of eel. 







4.
Place the eel on a plate and steam for 6 minutes.




5.
Garnish with spring onion and ready to serve.





No comments:

Post a Comment