Monday 24 April 2017

Keukenhof, Holland



I just finished a 3-day trip in Amsterdam and Keukenhof is one of my favourite stops.  I am a big fan of flower festivals. Keukenhof is known as the Garden of Europe, it is one of the world’s largest flower gardens.  It is a paradise of flowers. It is always held in March to May every year.  Now it is the best time to see tulips in the Netherlands in full bloom.  There are more than 7 million bulbs in bloom this spring, with a total of 1,000 varieties of tulips.





The park is amazing.  Everywhere you look there are tulips and flowers of all kinds of colors and shapes. The blooms of tulips, hyacinth and daffodils were in full peak. This was a trip well worth for every penny. There are queues everywhere inside the park, like queues for boat trip, toilets, food and drinks, windmills and so on. 




It is easy to go there by both cars and by train and bus. I bought a combi-ticket on line, the ticket includes the entrance fee and bus fares from airport to Keukenhof.  I traveled comfortably to Keukenhof.  The bus driver dropped people off by the entrance and I can just walk straight into the park.  The park is open from 0800-1930.  I completely enjoyed a whole day there.  It is a must-see attraction if you travel the Netherlands in March to May. 




No comments:

Post a Comment